Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Special Election on 7 November?

Craig Vitter, who is apparently more in touch with hourly goings-on in PWC than I, posted this comment to this post:
James, FYI, the judge issued the writ and the election will be on Nov 7th. The announcement is supposed to happen at 3:00 PM today.
I truly hope that Craig is correct. If he is, kudos to the judge. whomever he is, who didn't allow the taxpayers to be soaked with another unnecessry bill from Chairman Sean. However, it still does not excuse Chairman Sean's brinksmanship, detailed here, and here.

It would be interesting if the Board of Elections could provide information on how much Chairman Sean's temporizing will cost the taxpayers of Prince William, if anything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

James, I am pretty impressed by the speed with which it appears to have happened. Unfortunately all I know right now is that a bunch of people have heard the news (from undisclosed sources) that a judge (no idea who yet) issued the writ today. I have also heard that there is announcement scheduled for 3:00 PM today but have no details of who is making the announcement or where it is being made... I have a post up at http://www.vitter.com/craigsmusings/Entry.aspx?entry=443 which I will hopefully be updating when I hear something new...

Riley said...

After seeing Craig's post, I verified this independently as well.

Anonymous said...

I talked to corey's campaign manager today and the election is defintley on nov 7.