Thursday, September 29, 2005

NRA Endorsement for Virginia Attorney General

It seems that the National Rifle Association's political arm has endorsed Creigh Deeds in the race for Attorney General.

This may be the only race in which Democrats were smart. Deeds must by to the right of McDonnell on this issue. My dim recollection is that McDonnell may have supported one-gun-a-month, or has other foolish surrenders to the gun grabbers.

Hope it doesn't hurt him too much. However, I did support Steve Baril for the nomination, much to the consternation (well, OK: mild and good-natured rebuke) of many of my Conservative friends.

1 comment:

Riley said...

McDonnell has a lifetime B+ average from the NRA while Deeds has either an A or A-. My understanding is that McDonnell did support the 1 gun per month bill and that is why he did not get the endorsement of the NRA. On the flip side, I understand that is why he is being endorsed by Mayor Wilder, though.