Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Is "Blue in the Commonwealth" for Real?

Interesting. Just posted a comment over at Blue in Virginia (see link to the right), and it indicated that it had been posted three hours earlier.

Is this just an error? Or does it mean that "Blue," who represents himself as a high school kid in Richmond, is actually misrepresenting himself, and is actually something else, somewhere else (and in the Pacific time zone)?

Maybe it's nothing, but if this little anomaly indicates that he is misrepresenting himself, then this is yet another reason I despise anonymity.

UPDATE: Well, Blue finally visited (and is obviously doing so too infrequently), and saw my little post. He responded thus, which I am putting in the body of the post in the interest of fairness:

Yeah...i had it set on Pacific time by accident.

Good find, but I'm afraid you're wrong. I'm not a political operative pretending to be a student at James River High School in Midlothian. I actually AM a student at James River High School.

Wow...

5 comments:

Will Vehrs said...

Maybe he has his blog set on Greenwich Meridian Time or something ... he also doesn't have an email address, as I recall.

Steven said...

Interesting catch on the blue boy...

Is he true blue? I’m not sure, but he sure does act like a minor player with the political rhetoric.

The blue dog has several blog members who use pseudonyms to protect their identities. However, the blue dog rule is: I need to know your true identity if you want to join the blog roll call, but with the understanding that I will not share that knowledge.

Because most of the blue dog blog members are highly placed individuals in the Commonwealth.

When interviewing Jerry Kilgore, I invited other anonymous blog posters into the dog pound. Most declined with the exception of blogger SoccerMoms.

She's a liberal Democrat, so I tried to even the blog score with a anti-tax conservative...

Last week, I added Norm Leahy to the roll call because he wanted to question candidate Russ Potts in the upcoming blog session.

~ the blue dog

Note to Will: Remember, most of the Deaniacs have attended blog schools.

James Young said...

Well, Will, I was sure of the time. GMT would have been (I think) five hours later, rather than registering my comment as three hours earlier than EDT.

And Steve, as I've said elsewhere, I'm less contemptuous of those who blog under a consistent pseudonym than those who "labor" in utter anonymity. And there are really a lot of caveats. I guess my most frequent ire is directed at those who claim some kind of authority, though they inconsistently remain anonymous. And then there are those who are simply slanderous. One or two has tried to post here.

And BTW, don't recall if I ever said "Thanks" for adding me to your blogroll. If not, Thank you.

Steven said...

No problem. I'm about as skeptical as they come.

~ the 'like-minded' blue dog

Ben Kyber said...

Yeah...i had it set on Pacific time by accident.

Good find, but I'm afraid you're wrong. I'm not a political operative pretending to be a student at James River High School in Midlothian. I actually AM a student at James River High School.

Wow...