Friday, April 27, 2007

Weirdness In Massachusetts

OK, that title might be redundant.

But this is just too weird. The Dean of Admissions at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), a long-term (28 years) employee, resigns because she fabricated her own educational credentials.

I think I remember meeting this woman, waaaay back in the day when I was looking at various colleges, and my small, rural high school in Central Pennsylvania had three candidates for admission to MIT. Only one of us applied and attended (the only person I know who holds a patent), and he has since earned his Ph.D. from Harvard.

Apparently, she was well-liked and respected. It appears that she was an incredibly talented woman whose long-ago offense has ended what was otherwise a successful and distinguished career.

Truly a tragedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you know two people with patents. I recently learned that Steve Danziger has one.

Whoodathunk?