Friday, April 13, 2007

Anke Cheney's Corrosive Influence Spreads

Apparently, not satisfied that few Republicans are impressed with Mike Messier's effort to bring back the good ole days (and boys) around when Democrat Lee Stoffregen served as Prince William County Sheriff, Greg Letiecq has decided to take a page from the sleazy practices of the late Harry Parrish's defenders, and has tried to criminalize primary contest differences by attempting to provoke criminal charges against a primary challenger.

Don't get me wrong: the Youngs strongly support Sheriff Glen Hill for the GOP nomination for County Sheriff. He's done a fine job cleaning up an office filled with cronyism and special favors, and stopped cold Stoffregen's efforts to become the "Boss Hogg" of Prince William County politics.

Messier's promise at the February Prince William County Republican Committee meeting to contribute $10,000 to the Committee on the day after the primary, if nominated, was silly (every bit as silly as the embarrassingly peurile presentation given by Letiecq --- I hope Kopko allowed it as comic relief --- at the last County Committee meeting), stupid, ill-advised ... choose your disparaging description.

But a crime?!?! Doubtful.

This is pathetic.

UPDATE: And, of course, Greg can't take it when someone criticizes him with facts, and points out when his amen chorus of commenters are engaged in their nihilistic criticisms of the County GOP, so I'm banned again. This is what appears when I try to access his site:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.


Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch1 proxy_html/2.5 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.bvbl.net Port 80

Funny thing is, Stoffregen himself is enough of a big boy that he could take my criticisms and still be cordial whenever we met. And back in the Dark Ages, when I was County YR Chairman, John Warner was engaged in his perfidy against Oliver North, the GOP nominee for United States Senate. I criticized him in the YR newsletter, which was distributed to over 600 County activists and political leaders. I certainly did not remove the distinguished senior Senator from the mailing list simply because I was afraid that he might read or hear about my comments.

Grow up, Greg. A man takes responsibility for what he says. And doesn't talk behind others backs.

1 comment:

Charles said...

It's almost funny how Greg, a man who has a large cadre of followers simply to protest his being sued (because someone filed against him) seems to have a habit of filing or pushing for charges to be filed against those he disagrees with.

Although in this case it was Greg, and he actually provided proof that he sent the letter.

On the other hand, even though I've been hard on Greg, he hasn't banned me yet, just deleted several of my posts. Oh, and he did threaten me with something that sounded like a lawsuit if I didn't stop talking about something, although he didn't actually say he'd "sue" me, he just said he'd persue appropriate remedies.

I have to confess, in the stupid "Faisal Gill used his army pictures" flap, I actually encouraged Greg to file a complaint, just to show how stupid they were being, and supposedly someone actually did it (although when I asked Greg to provide any evidence for his claims that there was an investigation, he didn't -- I even asked him for the phone number of the guy Greg had talked to, which seemed a simple enough request.

I too found the presentation last meeting to be kind of funny, although Greg certainly spoke well enough. I'm kind of hoping Greg's new duties trying to sort out the legal hispanics from the illegal ones will keep him busy for a while so he can't keep making personal attacks on fellow republicans.