Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome Missive From An Old Ally

Received a note from an old ally in the YR battles, someone who is now watching the Gill/Nichols race to succeed Michele McQuigg with much interest. He/she has given me permission to post it anonymously:
I don't know if you remember me or not, I was a TAR and YR back in the 90's who worked on campaigns like French Slaughter, Mark Siljander, Mike Farris, Ollie North, etc. Lots has changed since then.

I have been purposefully absent from politics for the 10 years - and this is reinforced by some of the hate filled folks who are attacking Faisal Gill. I have never met him, but I do cringe when people attack him for being associated with others who may have said things that are politically incorrect.

I noticed your very honorable, and thoughtful comments on bvbl.net - and wanted to thank you. I remember long ago, when you were backing Farris when you once said that (I'm paraphrasing) "some people just want to be around their own kind, and frankly, I'm getting tired of what is class-ism in our Party". You expressed, rather eloquently then, as you continue to now, your frustration against those who seek to divide rather than unite - those who want a closed society not based on beliefs or values, but hatred.

Isn't it ironic - that those who malign folks like Faisal and his supporters - overtly refer to him as a "terrorist" - and they are in fact the ones who share the ideology of hate that the terror networks espouse.

I hope you and the family are well. All the best,
The differences between this individual and the Gill-haters are stark. Unlike those smearing Faisal Gill, this individual was willing to sign his/her name. And while I sure don't remember saying anything quite so memorable as he apparently remembers, it is certainly gratifying to hear from someone who thinks you once did. And it is entirely a pleasure to reprint here his contribution.

Many thanks to the individual in question. One can only hope that he/she will be willing to re-enter the fray, lest it be left to the likes of the nutroots in places like Ranting Kids ... er, Raising Dough ... er, "Raising Kaine," as well as the Gill-haters.

No comments: