Thursday, August 30, 2007

Finally!

It seems that Atlanta radio talk-show host Neal Boortz is finally coming to Washington radio! He'll be heard on WWWT, which broadcasts on three stations: 820 AM, 1500 AM and 107.7 FM.

Neal is a great innovator. I was listening to him and calling in while in law school in Atlanta, pre-syndication and when he was with "the ex-wife" (radio station WGST, AM 640). It was long before Rush Limbaugh went into nationwide syndication. He moved to clear-channel WSB, AM 750, shortly after I left Atlanta in mid-1989, and was replaced by a guy named Sean Hannity. Because he's not heretofore been in Washington, I've only been able to catch him when working late, and I've brought his show in (on tape) from one of his stations in North Carolina.

Neal was probably one of the original bloggers, because --- very early on in the modern Internet --- he was posting his program notes on his website.

Neal's a great host. Irreverant, humorous, and innovative, his latest book is titled with his personal philosophy: Somebody's Gotta Say It. He also authored The FairTax Book with Congressman John Linder, an acquaintance from my law school days. He's also an attorney, having graduated from the same law school as I, Emory (my guess is that the ever-politically-correct Emory doesn't think much of what either of us are doing for a living).

Chris Core on WMAL is good. But I believe I'll be listening to Boortz from now on.

Talk radio in the Nation's Capital just got a whoooooole lot more interesting.

No comments: