Wednesday, June 27, 2007

GOP Stalwart Dies

I was saddened to open my Potomac News this morning and learned that Vivienne Fulford had passed away.

She was one of those wonderful GOP stalwarts who was active when I first became involved in local politics. She was an enthusiastic supporter of the Young Republicans both before and during my tenure as Chairman, and never seemed to suffer from the affliction of resenting YR activism. She was one of my most exuberant supporters when I twice made the mistake of running for School Board in the Dumfries District. She particularly had little use for those who make pretensions to being Republicans, yet refused to support me when I was the only Republican in those races.

I never held her encouragement against her. And while we lost touch over the years, both my wife and I have very fond memories of her.

From the obituary:
The family will receive friends at Mountcastle Funeral Home (4143 Dale Blvd., Dale City) on Thursday, 28 June, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Mass will be held at St. Francis of Assisi Church (18825 Fuller Heights Road, Triangle) on Friday, 29 June, at noon. Interment will follow the service at Oak Hill Cemetery in Fredericksburg. In lieu of flowers, expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to either St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Triangle or Potomac Hospital Endowment Fund in Woodbridge.
RIP.

No comments: