1. Immediate closure of the Departments of Housing & Urban Development (which has failed miserably and provided neither housing nor much urban development), Health & Human Services (ditto), Education (double ditto), and Commerce;My understanding is that, upon hearing this, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's head exploded.
2. The firing of Ron Gettelfinger, James P. Hoffa, Gerald McEntee, and Rich Trumka from their posts as heads of the UAW, Teamsters, AFSCME, and the UMW, respectively. Since the President now has the power to fire corporate executives in companies propped up by the government for a few months, there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to fire bosses of unions propped up by the government for decades;
3. An executive order barring the payment of so-called "prevailing" wages on government contracts, and a demand that Congress immediately repeal the racist-motivated Davis-Bacon Act requiring ascertainment and payment of such inflated prices:
4. Called for immediate passage of the National Right to Work Act, and the Freedom from Union Violence Act;
5. Issued a veto threat against the fraudulently-misnomered "Employee Free Choice Act," and the push-button strike bill for first responders;
6. Suspension of Medicare and Medicaid payments and reimbursements, pending full repeal of these programs for socialized medicine;
7. Immediate authorization for off-shore drilling for oil and natural gas in all promising areas; and
8. Making permanent the Bush tax cuts.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
President Barry Announces New Legislative Initiatives
In light of the deepening economic crisis, President Barry took the occasion of the G-20 Summit in London to announce a series of reforms to kickstart the American economy: