Thursday, August 06, 2009

Pathologically Silly

This is just one of those things that strike me as silly: asking people six months into a new presidential administration "Do you consider the first six months of the Obama administration to be a success or a failure?"

Nevertheless, that appears to be just what CNN has done, learning that: 37% of those polled deem it a failure; 51% deem it a success; and only 11% say it's "too soon to tell."

Well, cast me in the small minority. Short of suffering a full-scale nuclear attack, I don't know how you deem any President's term a "failure" after only six months. Similarly, I don't know how you deem any President's term a "success" after only six months.

While I have little use for President Barry --- my definition of a "successful" Obama presidency is one in which he doesn't get what he wants --- it's simply nonsense to suggest that any assessment of his presidency can be made at this time.

The good news is this: President Barry's "failure" number is 5% higher than George W. Bush's at a similar point in the latter's presidency.

No comments: